Valentine’s Day is a great time to get crafty and make something special for your loved one. One fun and easy craft you can make is a decoupage glass vase lantern. Here’s a tutorial on how to make one.
- Glass vase
- Tissue paper or napkins in various shades of red and pink
- White glue or decoupage medium
- Tea light candle or battery operated tea light
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Clean your glass vase and dry it completely.
- Cut your tissue paper or napkins into small squares or shapes.
- Mix some white glue or decoupage medium with a bit of water to create a paste.
- Use a paintbrush to apply a thin layer of the paste to a small area of the vase.
- Place a square or shape of tissue paper or napkin onto the vase and smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles.
- Continue to cover the vase with the tissue paper or napkins, layering them and overlapping them as you go.
- Once the entire vase is covered, brush a final layer of the paste over the top to seal and protect the tissue paper.
- Allow the vase to dry completely.
- Insert a tea light candle or battery operated tea light into the hole, and enjoy your new lantern.
Your beautiful new decoupage glass vase lantern is the perfect way to light up your Valentine’s Day and show your loved one just how much you care. Happy crafting!